As part of the Maine Behavioral Healthcare Network, our programs and staff are the proud recipients of a number of local, regional, and national awards of excellence. The following is a partial list of those accolades:
- 2015: Spring Harbor earns Top Performer recognition from The Joint Commission.
- 2012: Dr. Bruce Chemelski, Senior Psychologist in the hospital's Developmental Disorders Program, was named Special Education Therapist of the Year for 2012 by MADSEC Administrators of Services for Children with Disabilities.
- 2008: Anne Pringle, Board member, was named Volunteer of the Year by Maine Governor John Baldacci
- 2008: Joseph Pastore, Director of Nutritional Services, wins Future Horizons Award from the National Society of Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM)
- $324,000 grant from the Maine Health Access Foundation to continue the hospital's pilot program to integrate mental health treatment within primary care settings in Maine.
- $15,000 grant from The Sadie and Harry Davis Foundation to research outcomes of Spring Harbor's intensive community treatment program serving youth and families of Greater Portland.
- $12 million grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for dissemination of research to identify and prevent serious mental illness in youth
- $1 million donation from Judy and Al Glickman of Cape Elizabeth to establish the Glickman Family Center for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at Spring Harbor Hospital
- Nation’s Top 100 Hospitals (Maine Medical Center)
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval (Spring Harbor Hospital, Spring Harbor Counseling, and Maine Medical Center)
- Healthcare Leaders national finalist for Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare competition (executive management team)
- Warren Williams Assembly Speakers Award from the American Psychiatric Association (William McFarlane, M.D., director of psychiatric research)
- GAINS Center National Achievement Award for involvement in the Cumberland County Jail Diversion Grant Program (the ACCESS assertive community treatment team for adults)
- Johns Hopkins Department of Psychiatry’s Chairman Elkes Award for Innovation in Mental Health Services (Betty Jarratt, Maine Medical Center Psychiatric Consultation and Liaison Service)