Family Education Curriculum
Family members will be encouraged to participate in our FAMILY EDUCATION curriculum to better prepare them in understanding and supporting their family member upon discharge and in the home. The Family Navigator will work also with families to create a curriculum based on their individual circumstances.
Family education topics will include:
- Participants’ emotional responses to the impact of mental illness on their lives
- How to communicate with a family member’s care team
- What to expect after discharge
- How to interact with a person during an aggressive or psychotic episode
- How to de-escalate the behavior