Support for Families
Families often face the burden of being the “shadow mental health system” – frustrated by dealing with people they no longer know and ill-equipped to deal with the frequent crises they face or illnesses they know little about.
Our FAMILY NAVIGATOR will work with families at the point of their loved one’s admission to the hospital to provide expert and caring navigation throughout the hospital stay. The Family Navigator will:
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the family’s needs
- Work with patients and families to address any issues, fears or challenges
- Provide one-on-one support, resources, and education for families to address concerns
- Provide a warm hand-off to the next level of care and outside care coordination
- Guide patients and families through community resource options