Healthy Lifestyles- Diabetes Prevention Program
Available to all employees
What is this program?
This option is recommended for people who may be at risk for developing diabetes. The CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program is a lifestyle change program for preventing type 2 diabetes.
You may have prediabetes and be at risk for Type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
With the program you will receive:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- 16 weekly sessions
- 6 monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
FYI...Click here to see a Diabetes Prevention Flyer.
Click here to take a quiz to see if you are at risk!
To get your missed WOW! Rewards, you must attend at least 12 of the 16 core sessions before December 31, 2016. Please note: This program is not available in all areas but we are working on getting it at each organization within the next year.