Oxford Hills Internal Medicine is a Patient-Centered Medical Home – which means our focus is on YOU.
How a Patient Centered Medical Home works for you:
We offer easy access to healthcare
- Doctors can be reached around the clock
- You can get in touch with us by phone or though MyChart
- Same day appointments are available
- Extended office hours
We understand you
- We learn about your health
- We listen to you about what’s important
- We talk with you about your healthcare choices
- We help you understand your health conditions
- We offer you tools to help you take care of yourself
We organize your healthcare
- We help with specialist appointments
- We talk to others involved in your care
- We share test results with you
We offer patient appointments for routine care and acute care on Thursday evenings until 6:00pm.
After Hours Access
If you are having a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. Our doctors can be reached for urgent calls by calling Stephen’s Memorial Hospital at (207) 743-5933. The attendant will page the on-call doctor for you.
How You and Your Healthcare Team Can Work Together
- Give you time to ask questions and answer them in a way you understand.
- Make sure you know and understand all your choices for care.
- Help you choose what care is best for you.
- Ask for your feedback on the care you are getting from us.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment you need.
- Bring a list of medications with you.
- Ask us questions.
- Let us know if you are getting care from another doctor.
- Stop us if you don’t understand something.
- Feel comfortable discussing all your healthcare concerns to get the best care possible.