Targeted case management is a MaineCare funded support service for children and adolescents (up to age 20) who have mental or behavioral health needs. Working closely with families, the case manager determines the child’s strengths and needs and then helps identify and access resources and services in the community. The goal is to help the child or adolescent thrive in the home, school and community.
||Are you or a loved one overwhelmed by the social service system? Not sure where to turn for help or services for your child?
- Is your child struggling at home or at school?
- Are you worried about your child’s behavior and moods?
- Does your child have difficulty getting along with others?
- Has your child experienced a traumatic event?
We can help you locate and coordinate services to support your childand your family.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is a leading provider of case management services, in addition to offering a full range of counseling and other mental health and substance abuse treatment services. Case management is offered at our locations in Belfast, Biddeford, Brunswick, Damariscotta, Portland, Rockland and Springvale.
- Assessment – identifying strengths and needs through personal contact and consultation with other providers.
- Care Plan – determining what services and resources are necessary and how they can best be delivered.
- Connection – locating appropriate services and resources, and then facilitating referrals and access.
- Coordination – ensuring quality, consistency and communication among the multiple service providers.
- Monitoring – assessing progress, typically twice a month, in personal contacts with child and family.
- Evaluation – determining when a new plan is necessary or whether services should be terminated.