Subsequent Annual Wellness Visit
CMS has identified elements required for the first Annual Wellness Visit and a subsequent AWV service.
As of January 2012, the review (or administration, if needed) of an updated Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is required.
The subsequent Annual Wellness Visit elements include:
- Update of individual's medical and family history;
- Update of the list of current providers and suppliers that are regularly involved in providing medical care to the individual developed at the first AWV;
- Measurement of individual height, weight, BMI (or waist circumference, if appropriate) BP and other routine measurements as deemed appropriate, based on the beneficiary's medical/family history;
- Review and update the patient's completed Health Risk Assessment (HRA);
- Detection of any cognitive impairment that individual may have;
- An update to the written screening schedule that was developed at the first AWV;
- An update to the list of risk factors and conditions for which primary, secondary, or tertiary interventions are recommended or are underway for the individual, that was developed at the first AWV providing PPPS;
- Furnishing of personalized health advice to the individual and a referral, as appropriate, to health education or preventive counseling services or programs.
Annual Wellness Visit Requirements