A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model Master Trainer Session Information
Master Trainer sessions are offered by MaineHealth's Partnership for Healthy Aging. The Master Trainer session will provide you with information and materials to implement A Matter of Balance in your community. As a result of the training, you will become a Master Trainer prepared to:
- Recruit and train volunteers to lead A Matter of Balance classes
- Coordinate the program in your community
- Market the program to older adults
- Evaluate outcomes
Master Trainer Session Schedule 2014
June 17 and 18, 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
Registration Deadline: May 16, 2014
October 21 and 22, 2014
Registration Deadline: September 22, 2014
Download the Registration Form
The fee for the Master Trainer session is $1,500 per person. This includes:
- Two-day training
- License to train lay leaders
- Comprehensive curriculum materials
- Master Trainer Manual (view Table of Contents)
- Master Trainer CD-ROM (contains contents of manual)
- Two DVDs: "Fear of Falling" and "Exercise: It's Never Too Late"
Group training by request
Partnership for Healthy Aging can also send a team of two Lead Trainers to your site to train a group of 11-20 people to become Master Trainers. The fees are based upon the size of the group as follows:
11-15 participants: $16,000* plus $220 per person for materials
16-20 participants: $18,500* plus $220 per person for materials
* Travel, meals and lodging for the two Lead Trainers will be charged at cost.
If you are interested in attending a Master Trainer session or hosting a group on site, please call Partnership for Healthy Aging at 207-661-7120 or email PFHA@mainehealth.org.
Space is limited. Please call 207-661-7120 to check availability.