Mission and Vision
Our Vision: Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.
Our Mission: MaineHealth and its members, reflecting the needs of our communities, acting within available resources and consistent with agreed upon strategic priorities, will:
- Maintain an integrated not-for-profit, community-owned, comprehensive delivery system providing the continuum of care from prevention and health maintenance through tertiary services, rehabilitation, chronic care and long-term care.
- Have as its primary goal, the continual improvement of the general health of the communities served.
- Provide high quality, safe and accessible health services delivered with care and compassion in a cost effective manner.
- Consist of regionally organized providers operating in concert.
- Provide care regardless of ability to pay.
- Maintain financial viability.
- Accept and manage financial risk.
- Lead health professions' education and research efforts.
- Take a leadership role in healthcare public policy
Critical Success Factors
MaineHealth with its members, to meet the spirit of the Vision and to achieve the Mission, through the integrated delivery system shall:
- Measurably improve the health status of our communities.
- Focus on our patients/customers and exceed their expectations.
- Provide a seamless continuum of care.
- Partner with physicians.
- Align provider incentives.
- Maintain financial strength and ability to secure capital.
- Preserve the commitment to the ideals of its not-for-profit tradition, including access to care for all.
- Successfully manage risk and fairly reward providers.
- Maintain the necessary infrastructure and information systems to facilitate integration.
- Be recognized as creating value through high-quality, cost-effective family of healthcare services.