The MaineHealth Community Education Program is dedicated to helping you build your staff's competencies around patient-centered communication.
We can create customized educational opportunities for your staff including short workshops, day-long trainings, brown bag lunch sessions, web-based learning and more. Topics include:
- Health coach certification
- Plain language writing
- Writing patient education materials
- Finding reputable health information online
- Writing patient-centered letters
- Health numeracy and communicating numbers
- Risk communication
- Using teach-back
- Stress reduction for patients and staff. Our mindfulness-based stress reduction expert can share ways to reduce stress in the workplace and at home with you. This can help to improve staff satisfaction and patient experience.
- Behavior change strategies. Learn more about way to engage your patients in making healthy lifestyle changes. Our staff are trained in evidence-based behavior change strategies such as the health belief model, stages of change, and theory of planned behavior.
- Advance care planning. We partner with MaineHealth Clinical Integration to train your staff in the Respecting Choices advance care planning model.
Don't see what you are looking for here? Email Jessica and share your ideas. We are happy to customize a training just for you!
To learn more about the services available to member organizations throughout MaineHealth, please watch our short video: