The Joint Replacement Center at Maine Medical Center
The Joint Replacement Center at Maine Medical Center is Maine's leader in several advanced surgeries including:
- anterolateral approach for total hip replacement
- posterior approach for total hip replacement
- minimally invasive total knee replacement
- traditional knee replacement
- shoulder replacement
A recent Medicare study placed Maine Medical Center among the top 1% of hospitals in a national survey for its quality of care on both hip and knee replacement surgeries, as measured by patient readmissions and complications.
Maine Medical Center showed above-average performance in both categories, and is the only hospital in Maine to achieve this distinction.
From a surveyed number of 2,747 hospitals in the U.S., Medicare’s Outcome of Care Measures found just 25 to be in this exclusive group. For more detail, please read our press release.
Our surgeons perform more than 1,800 joint replacement surgeries each year, the highest volume of any hospital in Maine. This means you get the most experienced team of Board certified orthopedic surgeons, Board certified anesthesiologists, Magnet nurses and rehabilitation specialists, each committed to supporting the treatment plans tailored to each patient’s specific needs.
The Joint Replacement Center is also proud to provide:
- Rehabilitation therapy gym to get patients back to daily living as quickly and comfortably as possible
- Robust education for each patient because we believe an informed and prepare patient is more likely to have the best outcomes
Is joint replacement right for you?
Click here to use one of our decision-making tools.