(HealthDay News) -- Tailgating or watching a football game at home often means eating lots of unhealthy snacks.
You can still enjoy the game with some healthier fare, the American Heart Association says. Some suggestions:
- Lean meat, including grilled chicken tenders (instead of fried wings), and lean beef, turkey or salmon burgers -- pattied out to the size of a deck of cards.
- Low-sodium seasoning and whole wheat buns.
- Crunchy raw veggies and a healthy dip instead of chips.
- Water or no-calorie soda. And avoid alcohol. If you do drink, do it in moderation.
- Eat only if you are hungry.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.