(HealthDay News) -- Don't let contaminated food spoil your summer picnic. Make sure your edibles are safely packed.
The Foodsafety.gov website recommends:
- Packing food in an insulated cooler with ice or frozen gel packs. This includes deli meat, raw seafood, poultry or meat, pasta, egg, tuna, seafood salad, dairy products, and fruit and vegetables.
- Filling the cooler completely to help it stay cold. Store it in a shady spot, not in direct sunlight.
- Trying not to open the cooler frequently.
- Keeping food cold until it's time to cook.
- Keeping raw meat, seafood and poultry away from prepared foods.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.