(HealthDay News) -- Being a wife and mother are important, but women need to take care of themselves, too.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:
- See your doctor for regular screenings and checkups.
- Get plenty of exercise, including aerobic and strengthening exercises.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet that's rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Get enough folic acid, and limit alcohol use.
- Stay mentally healthy by finding ways to cope with stress, and getting plenty of sleep each night.
- Don't smoke, use caution with prescription drugs, and protect your skin daily with sunscreen.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.