(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to run marathons to get fit. Taking regular walks can help keep you healthier without the strain on your body.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says walking may offer these benefits:
- A stronger heart that is better able to pump blood.
- Lower blood pressure and greater oxygen intake.
- Slower loss of bone mass as you age, and slower onset of arthritis.
- Improved muscle tone.
- Less stress and improved sleep.
- Improved mood and attitude.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.