(HealthDay News) -- Women with heart disease may be surprised to learn that their symptoms are often different from those of men.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute mentions these possible signs among women:
- Chest pain that may feel sharp or burning.
- Pain in the jaw, neck, back, belly or throat. It may occur while you're at rest, shopping, cooking or sleeping.
- Indigestion, nausea, extreme fatigue, difficulty breathing, vomiting or heartburn.
- Shortness of breath or fatigue that worsens when you're physically active.
- Swelling of the legs, feet, ankles, abdomen or veins in the neck.
- Heart palpitations.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.