(HealthDay News) -- Low-calorie foods that help you feel full can promote weight loss and prevent too much snacking.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests eating:
- More fruits and vegetables, without adding any sources of additional fat. Apples, watermelon, berries, carrots, spinach, tomato and broccoli are good choices.
- Fat-free and low-fat dairy products, such as milk, cottage cheese or yogurt.
- Soups with a broth base, such as vegetable soup, tomato soup (no cream), beef broth or chicken broth.
- Popcorn, whole-wheat bread or pasta, brown rice and other whole grains.
- Lean ground beef, fish such as salmon or skinless chicken.
- Green peas, black-eyed peas, beans cooked without any fat, and other legumes.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.