(HealthDay News) -- Vitamin C has a history of being touted for its immune system-boosting properties. Besides citrus fruits, the vitamin also is found in tomatoes, strawberries, potatoes, red and green bell peppers, kiwi, Brussels sprouts and broccoli
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says vitamin C:
- Helps grow and repair bodily tissues.
- Promotes healthy bones, teeth, skin and cartilage.
- May help protect against some types of cancer and heart disease.
- May help reduce cartilage loss associated with osteoarthritis.
- May help reduce the duration of cold symptoms.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.