(HealthDay News) -- Living a healthy, busy and active lifestyle is important for children and adults alike. Establishing an active schedule can help everyone meet exercise goals.
The Letsmove.org website suggests:
- Provide kids with toys that promote physical activity, such as jump ropes, balls and kites.
- Encourage participation in sports and other exercise.
- Avoid putting a TV in a child's room. When you do watch TV, make it a family rule that you don't sit still during commercials.
- At least a few times a week during nice weather, plan a safe walk to and from school.
- Go for a short walk after each meal.
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs.
- Schedule active family fun days at a park.
- Set exercise goals for the family.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.