(HealthDay News) -- Before you give your child any medication, make sure you ask your doctor the right questions.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises that you ask about:
- How the medicine will help your child, and where you can learn more about the medicine.
- How you should give your child the medicine.
- How long your child will need the medicine, how often you should give it, and how much to give.
- Any side effects of the medicine.
- What to do if your child spits out the medicine.
- Forms the medicine comes in, such as liquid or chewable tablets.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.