Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) with Primary Care
Behavioral health is an important component of overall comprehensive care. In partnership with MaineHealth and its hospital members, Maine Behavioral Healthcare has integrated about 40 clinicians in over 45 primary care, and specialty medical care practices from Waldo County to York County with the overall aim of improving the mind-body connection. Behavioral Health clinicians, fully integrated into the practice systems and processes, offer focused assessment, individual and family therapy, prevention and educational services and consultation to primary care providers, office staff, and other members of the care coordination team. Services are provided for mental health, substance abuse and behavioral change for medical conditions.
The BHI team is committed to practice and system transformation that supports a focus on the whole person and their overall health – mind and body.
Practice sites with Behavioral Health Integration clinicians (as of June 2015):
- Maine Medical Partners: Scarborough – Internal Med and Family Practice; Falmouth – Internal Med, Family Practice and Pediatrics; Lakes Region; Portland Pediatrics; Portland Family Medicine; Westbrook – Internal Med, Family Practice and Pediatrics; the Diabetes Center. The Maine Medical Center Outpatient Clinics – Adult, Pediatric, Ob/gyn and the Virology Treatment Center
- Southern Maine Health Care: Saco Pediatrics, Saco Family Medicine, Biddeford Pediatrics, the Women’s Health Center, Biddeford Internal Med, Kennebunk Family Practice, Kennebunk Pediatrics, Sanford Family Practice, Sanford Pediatrics, the Pain Centers.
- Waldo County Health Care: Stockton Springs, Brooks – Arthur Jewel Healthcare, Waldo County Family Medicine, Waldo County Family Practice, Belfast Hospital Medical Partners, Lincolnville, Liberty – Donald Walker Health Center, Searsport
- LincolnHealth: Damariscotta – Internal Med, Family Practice, Pediatrics; Waldoboro Family Practice; Boothbay Family Care Center; Wiscasset Family Practice
- Mid Coast Hospital – Bath Internal Med, Topsham – Internal Med and Family Practice, Brunswick Family Practice, Women’s Health
- Pen Bay – Pen Bay Pediatrics, Waldoboro Family Medicine, Pen Bay Family Medicine, Dr. Merrill’s office, Pen Bay Internal Med, the Women’s Center
- Western Maine – Western Maine Pediatrics and Ob/Gyn
For more information, please contact Mary Jean Mork, LCSW, VP for Integrated Programming at email@example.com.