For all MaineHealth employees and family members
- Resources for everyday problems you might face
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Free and confidential
Resources for everyday living
- Assistance available in 140 languages.
- From simple to complex, for you or your immediate family members.
- Referrals to external providers and community resources
- Personal support
- Booklet and audio recordings
- Online workshops
Help for problems large and small
Everyone has personal problems from time to time. LifeBalance offers professional, confidential counseling and consultation that can help you resolve issues such as:
- A parent needs to find reliable child care
- An employee needs resources to help care for an aging parent
- A father is concerned about the effects a divorce is having on his two children
- An employee working out of town learns that her roof has been damaged in a storm.
- Emergency travel assistance (PDF)
- Survivor Financial Counseling (PDF)
LifeBalance can also provide a referral for free in-person sessions with a counselor in your area for short-term counseling on a variety of issues.
- If you need more visits with a counselor, the consultant may suggest that you use mental health benefits available through your health insurance, and will help with a referral.
All calls are strictly confidential.
Online interactive self-assessment tools such as financial calculators are available to help you evaluate:
- How to buy a home you can afford
- How long it will take to pay off your credit card(s)
- How to plan for retirement